The Tulsa Wheelmen Bicycle club is involved in multiple aspects of cycling. An example is the Community Cycling Project which is a community outreach project of the Tulsa Wheelmen in partnership with Tulsa Parks.
The Community Cycling Project
by Sandra Crisp
The Community Cycling Project provides bicycles, gear and training for year-round commuting to individuals referred by local social service agencies as being able to benefit from having a bicycle for transportation.
Attached are the following forms and instruction to be used by referring agencies:
- CCP Referral Form Letter
- CCP Letter for Referring Agencies to give to Participants
- CCP Follow-up Questionnaire
- CCP Guidelines and Requirements for participation in the program - for referring agencies
Donations to the Tulsa Wheelmen Community Cycling Project are tax deductible. A copy of the Tulsa Wheelmen's 501(c)(3) determination letter is available upon request.
Besides bicycles suitable for commuting, we need:
- Mirrors that attach to glasses or helmets
- Protective Cycling Glasses
- Rear racks
- Bungee cords
- Front and rear lights
- Batteries (rechargable w/charger preferred)
- On-bike tool kits (frame pump, patch kit, allen key multi-tool, small crescent wrench)
- Floor pumps with gauges
- Bicycle Oil
- Rain gear
- All weather gloves suitable for bicycling
- Water Bottle Cages
- Water Bottles (preferably new)
- Funds to buy any of the above not donated
Contact the CCP Director with any questions or to make arrangements for donations of good bicycles or gear (new or used).
Checks should be sent to:
Tulsa Wheelmen Community Cycling Project
Attention: Ren Barger
216 N. Elgin Ave.
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74120